10 Weight Loss Tips
- Drink water with a squeeze of lemon juice upon waking – this starts up the metabolism before eating.
- Eat smaller meals and more snacks throughout the day – this keeps blood sugar levels fairly consistent, avoiding the undesirable highs or crashes that lead to cravings and thus overeating.
- Eat healthy fats – saturated and unsaturated fats (animal fats, unprocessed plant oils) are not the enemy, and incorporating them can lead to feeling fuller for longer, without overeating.
- Have eggs for breakfast – studies have shown that eating three eggs for breakfast led to overall lower calorie intake throughout the day than eating a bagel or cereal.
- Eat plenty of protein – protein leads to increased satiety, even more so than fat, and more calories are burned to process protein than any other macronutrient.
- Only weigh yourself once a week – the fine line between overweighing and underweighing seems to be once a week. Overweighing and underweighing lead to overeating – out of disappointment if the scale says weight was gained, and out of feeling ‘allowed to’ if the scale says weight was lost.
- Drink plenty of water – numerous studies have shown the benefits on metabolism and satiety for drinking sufficient water throughout the day. Timing counts, too – drinking a cup before meals leads to lower calorie intake during the meal.
- Get a buddy – having someone who supports your goals can make weight loss easier. Even if the friend isn’t aiming to lose weight, having someone to talk to about struggles or when you have cravings can make a huge difference.
- 30 minutes of exercise a day, or more – the American Heart Association’s recommendation is 30 minutes a day, but this can be broken up into brief, 10-minute walks during quick breaks at work. Keeping the body active burns more calories.
- Don’t be afraid to build muscle – moving a muscle requires more energy than moving fat, so having more muscle naturally causes the body to burn more calories.
For more weight loss tips and workouts, visit Knlalla on Fiverr